KDHE Emergency Preparedness
KS-HAN is an internet-based, secure, emergency alerting system that allows general public health and emergency preparedness information to be shared rapidly. KS-HAN has the ability to alert registrants by organization, occupation, county, or group through e-mail, work and cell phone, and SMS text. Additionally, KS-HAN can be utilized as a document storing and sharing website.
Since KS-HAN is the primary system used by KDHE for communication during an emergency, it is important to ensure that your organization´s registrants and their contact information are kept updated. If any of the below-listed information needs updated contact the KS-HAN Administrator at email@example.com and they can assist you with making the necessary changes.
- Telephone number or address of the organization
- New employee that needs to be invited
- Former employee that needs account de-activated
- Personal change in phone number, e-mail address, other contact information, or job title
Preparedness provides leadership to protect the health of Kansans through efforts to mitigate, prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters, infectious diseases, terrorism, and mass casualty emergencies. To accomplish this mission, Preparedness is responsible for the following:
- Health and medical planning and response in Kansas
- Serves as the coordinating unit for the Emergency Support Function (ESF) #8
- Maintains the Health Alert Network (KS-HAN)
- Serves as the grantee for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Health and Human Services (HHS) health preparedness grants.
Preparedness promotes all-hazards planning, defined as planning in the absence of a specific threat for capabilities that would be required to respond to any emergency regardless of the causative factor. Preparedness prepares a variety of exercise scenarios to contribute toward planning purposes for health preparedness.