Sheridan County Workforce Recruitment Incentives Program
WHAT IS THE PROGRAM?
In January 2024, Sheridan County Economic Development Corp. was awarded a Workforce Recruitment Incentive grant from the Northwest Kansas Economic Innovation Center (NWKEICI), based in Norton. This grant provides approved Economic Development Offices with $60,000, divided into two payments, to disperse as recruitment incentives to businesses within their counties.
A Workforce Recruitment Incentive Committee has been established and will oversee the grant program, review applications, and make funding recommendations.
- Business must be located in Sheridan County, Kansas
- Incentivized positions must be full-time and pay a minimum wage of $15.50 per hour
- or $33,000(+) per year
- or be a critical position (as determined by the recruitment committee)
- If you currently do not meet the minimum wage requirements and the position you are applying to incentivize is not deemed "critical", the local Workforce Recruitment Incentive board does allow you the opportunity to increase your wages to meet the requirements.
- Award agreements are for one (1) calendar year.
- Only new employees will be eligible for the incentive funds and candidates must live in Sheridan County or locate to Sheridan County within three months of accepting an approved, incentivized position.
- Employers who wish to apply for this program must post the job opening on the ConnectNWK.org website.
How can my business participate?
- Download and Review the Program Workforce Recruitment Incentives Grant Program Overview.
- Complete the online application.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with the last day of each month serving as that month’s deadline. Applications will be reviewed and award notifications made monthly.
This incentive will remain open until the funds are depleted or unless otherwise noted. Applications will be judged through a scoring matrix that can be viewed HERE.
**The Workforce Recruitment Incentive Committee is a separate sub-committee of the Sheridan County Economic Development Corp. Board.**
Sheridan County Economic Development Corporation
c/o Karl Pratt, Executive Director
736 Main St, PO Box 445
Hoxie, KS 67740